Summer Transitional Enrichment Program (STEP)
Grades 7-8 | Residential Program STEP is designed to engage, intellectually challenge, and inspire students who are finishing grades 7-8.
- Instruction Hours: 30 hours of class time
- Program Dates: Monday-Friday, July 19-30, 2021
- Location: Online
- Grade Level: For students finishing Grades 7-8
- Financial Aid available
- Domestic: $700
- International: $840
- Application Opens: Nov. 30, 2020
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2021
The application period for STEP is closed.
Summer Transitional Enrichment Program (STEP) offerings:
STEP Class Examples
- Chemistry of Cooking
- Engineering Missions and Design Challenges
- Forensic Science
- Game Design
- Human Body Systems
- Kinesiology and Kinetics Movement in Sports
- Middle School Actors: Acting Up
- Law 101
- Mysteries of the Mind
- Robotics: Exploring Math and Science
- Trendsetters: Exploring the World of Social Media
- Writing, Creatively
LEARN MORE ABOUT STEP & WCATY
Why Choose STEP?
Learn more about STEP and why it’s right for you or your child.
Learn about how to apply to WCATY programs.
Get information about tuition payment options and the financial aid process.
Resources & Forms
Find forms, handbooks, and program preparation material.
Getting Ready For Camp
Can't wait for your WCATY summer program to begin?
Find out what you need & start getting ready.
For International Participants
Read information for international applicants who travel to WCATY summer programs at the UW–Madison from abroad.