Growing Early Minds (GEM)
Grades 1-4 | Day Program GEM exposes students to advanced concepts and encourages development of a growth mindset.
- Format: Fully ONLINE. Includes live learning and prerecorded segments
- Instruction Hours: 10 hours of instructional materials
- Program Dates: June 14-18 and 21-25, 2021
- Location: Online
- Grade Level: For students in grades 1-4
- Application Opens: Nov. 30, 2020
- Apply by: May 31, 2021
- Cost: $200 per session
- Limited Financial Aid available
The application period for GEM Summer has closed.
Growing Early Minds (GEM) offerings:
GEM Class examples
- Adventures in Coding
- Thinking and Tinkering: Exploring Engineering
- Inside Out/Upside Down: Intro to Psychology
- Mystery Detectives: Intro to Forensic Science
- Creative Writing
LEARN MORE ABOUT GEM & WCATY
Why Choose GEM?
Learn more about GEM and why it’s right for your child.
Learn about how to apply to WCATY programs.
Get information about tuition payment options and the financial aid process.
Resources & Forms
Find forms, handbooks, and program preparation material.
Getting Ready For Camp
Can't wait for your WCATY summer program to begin?
Find out what you need & start getting ready.
For International Participants
Read information for international applicants who travel to WCATY summer programs at the UW–Madison from abroad.