Growing Early Minds (GEM)
Grades 1-4 | Day Program
GEM exposes students to advanced concepts and encourages development of growth mindset.
- Format: Day academic summer program
- Instruction Hours: 12 hours of class time
- Program Dates: July 23-27, 2018
- Location: UW–Madison campus
- Grade Level: For students finishing Grades 1-4
- Application Opens: January 3, 2018
- Application Deadline: May 14, 2018
- Cost: $222
- Afternoon field trips (optional): $100
- Application Fee: $30 (Non-Refundable)
- Financial Aid available
Registration for the 2018 session is currently closed. Registration for the 2019 session will open in January.
GEM Class Examples
- Matter Matters
- Speak Up!
- Thinking & Tinkering
- Inside Out, Upside Down
- Adventures in Coding
- Artful Architecture
- Mayor Madness
- Get Charged
- Secret Agents
LEARN MORE ABOUT GEM & WCATY
Why Choose GEM?
Learn more about GEM and why it’s right for your child.
Learn about how to apply to WCATY programs.
Get information about tuition payment options and the financial aid process.
Resources & Forms
Find forms, handbooks, and program preparation material.
Getting Ready For Camp
Can't wait for your WCATY summer program to begin?
Find out what you need & start getting ready.
For International Participants
Read information for international applicants who travel to WCATY summer programs at the UW–Madison from abroad.